Keeping the window blinds around the house clean can be difficult. When they get dirty, it takes seemingly forever to clean each and every slat. So how do you make this process easier for yourself? Here, you'll find a few tips that can help you get your blinds clean and keep them that way.
Consider Professional Cleanings
You have enough going on in your life to have to worry about getting those blinds cleaned, so why not have someone do it for you? Professional blind cleaning from a company such as A+ Cleaning Service will not only save you time, but it will help to extend the life of your blinds – it will keep them looking much better for far longer than if you were to put off doing the cleanings yourself.
Decrease Dust and Pollen
Dust and pollen inside your home will contribute to how quickly the blinds get dirty. If you can decrease the amount of dust and pollen within your home, you can keep the blinds cleaner longer.
To decrease dust and pollen, you'll need to be sure to do the following:
- Change the filter in your heating and cooling system once each month.
- Put dust covers on your mattresses.
- Keep the windows and doors closed when the climate is overly dry outside.
- Run the vacuum and sweep hard floors at least once each week – more often for heavily trafficked areas.
- Avoid smoking in the home.
- Don't burn candles, incense, or use wood-burning stoves.
Manage Moisture Levels
If the moisture level within your home gets too high, the moisture will settle on everything inside, including the blinds. When the blinds get damp from the moisture, the dust that has settled on them will turn into mud and will stick to and possibly stain the blinds.
To control moisture levels in your home, do the following:
- Run a dehumidifier.
- Run your ceiling fans to circulate the air.
- Reduce the number of living plants inside.
- Use the stove and bathroom vents when cooking and bathing.
- Resolve any moisture issues in your basement or crawlspace.
- Improve attic ventilation so that warm air can rise and escape from your home.
Dust the blinds once a week if your home is dusty, every other week if it is fairly clean, and once a month if there's virtually no dust in your home. If you keep up with removing the dust as soon as it settles, the blinds will continue to look great between overall cleanings.
Talk with your local window blind cleaning service to learn more about keeping your blinds clean.