Of course, cleaning your house is probably not on your list of favorite things to do. However, having a thoroughly cleaned house is probably on your list of things that make you feel good. There's just something special about walking into a house that smells good and that looks like extra effort has been taken to make it look nice. If you are about to start a major house cleaning project, there are definitely steps you can take to make the chore a more pleasant one. From calling on family members to help you to arranging for professional facility carpet cleaning, here are some steps that you can take when thoroughly cleaning your home.
Enlist Family Members To Help You -
- Each person should take care of personal clutter.
- Form family work teams.
- Older family members can help little ones.
- Little hands can do simple chores.
- Strong hands do the hardest jobs.
Make A Detailed Cleaning Plan -
- Mark cleaning days on the family calendar.
- Think of how many days it will take to do the job.
- Assign certain days to cleaning tasks.
- Have a chart with chores that need to be accomplished.
- Ask family members to write their names next to jobs they want to do.
Jobs Your Family Can Accomplish -
- One team can be in charge of cleaning the kitchen.
- Other family members can clean the bathrooms.
- Little hands can wipe off cabinet fronts.
- Don't forget things like brass doorknobs.
- The entire family could tackle the garage.
Jobs Designated To Professionals -
- Think of getting professionals to clean hard-to-reach windows.
- Professionals would be great at cleaning tile floors and grout.
- Hardwood floors might need professional attention.
- Experienced workers can do a thorough job of cleaning carpets.
- If furniture needs refinishing, that might be a job for professionals.
The great thing about calling on professionals to do major jobs is that you can know that they are trained to do the job. In addition, their experience means that they can look for trouble spots and give them the attention they need. For example, if you are having your carpets professionally cleaned, trained carpet cleaners will have the right tools and the right cleaning products to remove stubborn stains that you have not been successful in removing yourself.
Once your house has been thoroughly cleaned, consider having the professionals come back periodically to maintain the cleanliness of things like windows and carpets.